Business Value of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, & DevOps
April 26, 2017 | 01:00 pm – 02:00 pm (EST)
Dr. Rico will give a presentation on the “Business Value of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, & DevOps: Scaling Up to Billion User Global Systems of Systems Using End-to-End Automation,” which are late-breaking 21st century approaches for rapidly and cost-effectively building high-quality global information systems, minimum viable products, minimum marketable features, service oriented architectures, web services, and microservices using containerization and end-to-end automation.
- Identify the motivation for Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and DevOps;
- Provide a definition of Agile Testing; and describe the fundamental mechanics of major automated agile testing methods;
- Provide a brief survey of the benefits of agile testing methods, case studies, and scaling practices.
- Define agile testing metrics, models, outcomes, costs & benefits, cost of quality, and statistical performance data.
- Introduce agile testing tools and automation suites, barriers to agile testing, and agile testing adoption rates.
- Discuss agile security engineering, development security operations (DevSecOps), agile scaling practices,
- Discuss organizational change models for agile testing, and
- Summarize the enterprise and national benefits of agile testing.
- Learn about Agile Testing Practices – Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, & DevOps.
- Describe the Metrics, Costs, Benefits, Business Case, Tools, Adoption Statistics, and Further Resources for Agile Testing.
This briefing has been presented in numerous venues, such as PMI, INCOSE, ALN, DC-SPIN, QAAM, QAI, AFEI, i-SDLC, Innovate Virginia, CMAP, GAO, IRS, SSA, Federal Reserve Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, University of Maryland, University of Virginia, George Washington University, and a variety of small, medium, and large commercial and public sector organizations. The results of this briefing have been published in a variety domestic and international magazines, journals, and articles (and recently appeared in the American Society for Quality’s or ASQ Quality Progress magazine).
Dr. Rico helps oversee a portfolio of large multi-billion-dollar IT projects. He has been a technical leader in support of NASA, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force, and U.S. Army for over 30 years. He has led over 20 change initiatives based on Cloud Computing, Lean Thinking, Agile Methods, SOA, Web Services, Six Sigma, FOSS, PMBoK, ISO 9001, CMMI, SW-CMM, Baldrige, TQM, DoDAF, DoD 5000, etc. He specializes in IT investment analysis, portfolio valuation, and organization change.
Dr. Rico has been an international keynote speaker, presented at leading industry conferences, written seven textbooks, published numerous articles, is a reviewer for multiple journals, and is a frequent PMI, INCOSE, ALN, and SPIN speaker. He is a Certified PMP, CSEP, ACP, CSM, FCP, FCT, and SAFe Agilist, and teaches at five Washington, DC-area universities. He holds a B.S. in Computer Science, M.S. in Software Engineering, and D.M. in Information Systems. He has been in the IT field since 1983.